Due to growth and the recent investment in new machinery we are looking for skilled Machinists to join our team. Successful candidates are needed to fill CNC and Manual Machining positions. Applicants for both positions should have 5 years job shop experience, the ability to read prints and a solid understanding of geometric tolerances.
You will be required to choose tools, set up, edit and do some programming utilizing prints and geometric tolerances. You will proof your parts through basic shop math and inspection skills. You will be responsible for first-run parts and same parts. You will machine holes, grooving and milling. You will be responsible for maintaining equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions and calling for repairs when necessary. You will document actions by completing production and quality logs. You may be using a right angle head at times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Must have 5 years experience with machining of large parts and castings
- Must have job shop experience
- Set-up, edit, and run all facets of work assigned
- Assist engineering/programming in developing fixtures as needed
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to operators and lower level machinists as required
- Be able to read prints, understanding of geometric tolerances and make part from print
- Have the ability to perform calculations using shop math
- Extensive knowledge of accepted inspection practices and probes
- Demonstrated ability at operating computer numerical control machines
- Be familiar with entering machine control parameters via Alpha/numeric operator interface screens
- Should be able to check your own work using micrometers, gages, calipers, and other machine shop inspection tools
- Must have experience operating cranes
- Must hold tolerances of +/- .001
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Please submit your resume to Brian Robbins in our Human Resources Department.