Sells polymer machinery, systems, and services by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Calls on customers’ representatives such as engineers, purchasing agents, or other professional and technical personnel at their facilities to convince prospective client of desirability and value of our offered machinery, systems and services, and to successfully close sales/obtain orders.
- Prepares cost estimates and proposals based on inputs from potential customer. Negotiates contract to purchase equipment including terms and conditions of sale.
- Assists in preparing sales or service contracts for products or services and communicates sales order requirements to Sales Manager.
- Insures that all orders and other customer communications are promptly and accurately handled, to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
- Proposes changes in our equipment, processes, or use of materials or services, which would result in cost reduction, or improvement in operations.
- Checks on market developments, industry trends, and competitor activity, and provides such information for input into sales strategic planning process to expand customer and sales base. Assists sales in implementing and achieving strategies.
- Provides technical services to customers relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists with start-up of machinery and provides technical training to employees of customer.
- Represents Company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Follows all ISO 9001 Quality Procedures and Work Instructions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school (prefer B. S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related degree); five years of experience selling large-scale capital equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to use computer spreadsheets and word processing is a must. Experience with synthetic rubber processing is a strong plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to speak English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and respond to technical inquires or complaints from customers. Ability to effectively present information both verbally and in writing to top management, customers, and plant-level personnel. Fluency in a foreign language, especially Spanish, is a plus.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception. During visits to customer plants, the employee may be required to climb ladders and stairs around equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but occasionally moderate to loud. The employee may occasionally be exposed to notable smells, airborne particles, flammable and/or dangerous chemicals, and risk of electric shock.
TRAVEL: The employee will be expected to travel approximately thirty (30) percent of the time to domestic and foreign customer locations, sales representatives offices, trade shows, seminars, and supplier locations.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume to Brian Robbins in our Human Resources Department.