The TMP TECHNI-MOLD Hydraulic Compression Press for molding rubber & silicone parts has been TMP’s principle product line for over thirty years,
with hundreds of installations to satisfied and repeat customers. TMP remains a leader in this industry by continuously incorporating technological advancements to this line of presses with TMP’s advanced controls provide press control, accuracy and flexibility.
Contact a TMP representative for more information on a compression molding machine.
Scope of Supply
TMP current press specifications cover a wide range of design parameters:
|Tonnages||5 to 3,000 tons|
|Platen dimensions||5″ – 14 feet|
|Closing speeds||40 to 300 inches / minute|
|Platen heating||Oil, Electric, Steam|
|Number of Daylights||1-20|
|Hydraulic pressures||Up to 3,000 psi|
|Hydraulic preferences||Rexroth, Bosch|
|Control Processors||Allen Bradley|
|Operator Interfaces||Allen Bradley, Maple|
Types of Compression Molding Machine Presses:
TMP offers a variety of compression molding machine styles including automatic hydraulic press systems for compression molding of rubber and silicone:
- Straight Compression Molding
- Hydraulic Transfer Press
- Hydraulic Vacuum Press
TMP Standard Hydraulic Compression Molding Machine Press Components:
- Slab-Side type press – A Vacuum chamber can be readily incorporated into this frame design
- Four-Post type presses – TMP uses high-tensile rods with over-size diameters, which are identically machined with square shoulder to maintain crosshead parallelism
- C-Frame and Window Frame types are available for special applications
TMP Advanced Controls Systems
Process control programming allowed in TMP’s Advanced Control Systems improve product quality through better pressing accuracy and repeatability. Learn more about our state-of-the-art control systems.
- TMP Electrically heated platen presses are uniquely designed for uniform heat distribution and temperature control. TMP has designs for high-temperature applications.
- TMP Oil heated platen presses are also available. This method provides very accurate and uniform temperature over a wide range of molding applications.
- TMP Steam heated platen presses are efficient for temperatures to 360°F (150PSI). TMP platens have individual steam traps for better uniformity over systems with a single trap.
- TMP brand platen presses with integrated Isoplaten® heated platen technology provide high levels of thermal stability to rubber molding applications and can be designed for electric, oil or steam heated systems.
TMP Compression and Vacuum Press Optional Features and Upgrades
TMP can customize your molding process with vacuum press design options and enhanced automation. They include:
- A Hydraulic Transfer Cylinder added to a slab side or post press.
- Hydraulic Upgrades for Precision Control of Speeds and Pressures
- Electrical Control Options
- Multi-Press Systems with consolidated controls and hydraulics
- Platen upgrades for higher temperatures, or cooling passages
- Mold and/or Platen Shuttle Systems
- Part knock-out stations
- Shuttles for transfer molding sprue-plate removal
- Transfer pot feeding systems
- Silicone stuffers
- Compression Molding Machine, Techni-Mold for Rubber & Silicone
- Techni-Mold for Thermoplastics & Composite Molding
- Techni-Mold Lab Presses
- Automatic Hydraulic Press Retrofits & Upgrades
The TMP press Hydraulic System is a proven for its efficiency and long-term reliability. These hydraulics combined with TMP’s advanced controls provide press control, accuracy and flexibility unmatched in the industry. The system includes:
- Hydraulic unit, consisting of a steel constructed reservoir, pump, motor. Features are built-in such as slow decompression, to eliminate hydraulic shock and extend operating longevity.
- Ram pre-fill system with side cylinders for fast closing speeds A “kidney loop” for proper filtration
- Ram pressure control of the machine using CPS Controls is accomplished by a very accurate and maintenance-free proportional closed-loop hydraulic pressure control valve and associated electronics.
- Dual transducers are used for back-up and reliability of pressure control to maintain calibration.
Press Ram & Main Cylinder
- TMP’s Ram-Cylinder designs are a heavy duty and rated to 3000PSI. The designs contain special guiding and sealing to provide accurate alignment, reduced wear.
- Machined from thick solid steel plate to minimize deflection.
Moving Bolster Assembly
- TMP’s Bolsters are machined steel, ground flat and parallel. Bolster guides are heavy-duty and are temperature-compensating in their configuration, allowing constant clearances to maintain parallelism.
Contact a TMP representative for more information about our custom rubber molding press design capabilities with enhanced automation options.
Need it fast and economical – virtually off the shelf? Sourced in Asia for better efficiency, our Econo-Tech compression molding press offers a more cost-effective option. These Econo-Tech rubber molding presses can cut back on your production costs, Econo-Techizing your bottom line.