Proven Performance and Reliability
Years of reliable, efficient service throughout the world have earned the Model 2452 flaking mill a reputation as one of the top flaking mills in the industry. Its stablemates, the Model 3162 and newest Model 3180 flaking mill (pictured), offers processors greater capacity without the pitfalls of many other high-capacity flaking mills. Damaging vibration and roll deflection, potential problems as roll size increases, are minimized in the larger models through precision design and engineering. The sturdy construction and smooth operation of French flaking mills insure stable process results.
To download a Flaking Mill brochure please visit our product literature page.
The Model 2452, 3162 and 3180 Flaking Mills offer many outstanding features:
- High mill-weight to roll-weight ratio, providing a heavy-duty support structure for rolls including a heavy base that provides superior vibration damping to extend roll bearing life and puts less stress on the foundation
- Rigid sliding bearing blocks mounted on precision machined keyways and a one-piece, cast iron base minimize vibration, maximize roll life and help maintain precise roll alignment. Combined, these features reduce downtime and maintenance costs, lowering the lifecycle cost of the mill.
- Centrifugally cast rolls offer higher thermal conductivity, reducing spalling, pitting and hot spots which increases the roll life and provides a more consistent flake thickness
- Rolls are dynamically balanced at full operating speeds to insure reduced vibration and also to provide consistent flake thicknesses
- Meal guards contact the roll ends rather than the wearing surface, which minimizes the need for roll grinding and also reduces spalling
- Choice of either vibratory feeder with four vibrating units or fluted roll feeder
- Choice of either V-belt or HTD main drive
- Individual control of hydraulic cylinders, externally adjustable scraper weights, internal permanent magnet and floor-mounted control panel allow easy operation and maintenance
- Mills can be set up for removal of both rolls for either the front or the rear of the mill
- Housing includes built-in tapered trough trough to direct flakes to the flake conveyor, eliminating the need to install a tapered trough in the floor under the mill
Please contact our Oilseed Group for more information or to request a quote for a French Flaking Mill.
Our Aftermarket sales department provides parts for our existing flaking mill models as well as your older models, such as the 2042 and 3042.